£295 for Module 1, the Essentials.
£515 for Module 1, with the materials kit - saving £110 on the kit price of £330
Including two x one hour Zoom chats, usually £20 each.
What you'll get:
A downloadable course book, with a guide to fragrance types and the main materials used to make them, plus a series of assignments to help you develop your perfumery skills.
Downloadable scent structure charts, aroma review forms and formula tables.
Three original fragrance formulas for you to blend, then adapt with your choice of materials.
Accords to blend, to improve your fragrance balancing technique.
A series of 15 films with Sarah McCartney, artisan perfumer at 4160Tuesdays, explaining your assignments.
What you'll do:
- Smell materials - naturals and synthetics - and learn how to blend them to make balanced accords.
- Discover a range of perfume styles and the key materials which define them.
- Learn how to increase your fragrance's longevity and diffusiveness.
- Create accords and finished fragrances, with the option of using materials you already own or ordering our kit.
- Learn how to experiment with crops, create by weight, dilute your materials for your experiments and record your formulas accurately.
- Make up 4160Tuesdays best-selling fragrance, The Sexiest Scent on the Planet. Ever. (I.M.H.O.) and personalise it.
£295 for Module 2, the Extension.
£515 for Module 2, with the materials kit - saving £110 on the kit price of £330
Including two x one hour Zoom chats.
What you'll get:
The Extension is our follow-on from Week 1 The Essentials, and for people who already have experience making their own fragrances.
In this module we explore more fragrance styles and create 10 new fragrances.
There are five accord and four original fragrance formulas from Sarah McCartney, plus guidance on how to formulate your own versions.
The module is divided into five specialist sessions for exploring materials in depth. Use naturals and synthetics, single aromachemicals and blends, balancing accords, and creating complete fragrances.
Films to accompany each assignment, plus additional insights into ways to improve your perfume making.
We'll investigate scent structure, texture and balance and how to make wearable fragrances.
- Florals, including those that don't smell much like flowers, and how to use them in other fragrance types.
- Woods, naturals and aromachemicals, and where they fit in perfumery.
- Fruits, from top the base notes, citrus, red fruits and soft fruits, naturals and fruity aromachemicals, plus materials which make gourmande accords.
- Herbs & Spices, leaves and seeds plus balsamic base notes.
- A Challenge, modern materials and new trends. Using materials you haven't included in your fragrances before.
£490 for both Modules, saving £100.
£720 for both modules including our materials kit saving £200*
*The two courses separately and the materials kit at £330 add up to £920. Adding in five Zoom chats, the full course would cost £1020.
What you'll get:
Everything included in The Essentials and The Extension.
All our secrets.
The Full Artisan Scent School Course includes five x one hour Zoom chats, usually £20 each.
Access to additional group Zoom chats with Sarah McCartney and fellow artisan perfumery students.
Note: Zoom chats are not recorded. What happens in Scent School stays in Scent School.